- Listed: January 5, 2015 9:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Do you know what insurance companies hate? An informed customer. Knowledgeable auto insurance customers get better coverage and lower rates than those less informed. Who do you want to have the advantage when you buy auto insurance, yourself or your insurer? Read on to learn how you can tip the balance in your favor.
If you’re currently receiving a no-claims discount for an auto insurance company, it is important that you protect this. Only file a claim if it is absolutely necessary, because once you file a claim with your insurer, your rates could increase instantly by up to 75%. Filing claims should be saved for real accident and injury.
Before buying a car, take into consideration the cost of the insurance policy for the type of car or cars you are looking at. Generally, the more expensive the car is, the higher the insurance cost will be. Take into account the insurance cost before purchasing the car you have chosen.
If you want to save money on car insurance, you may want to consider selecting from the higher deductibles that are offered by your agency. This means you will have more out of pocket expenses should you be involved in an automobile accident, but it will lower your premium substantially.
If you are a new driver, the cost of driving lessons could pay off in insurance savings. Many insurance companies offer discounts to drivers who have taken a driver training course from an accredited company. The cost of the lessons often are less than the savings you will receive by taking them.
When dealing with car insurance, you need to know what type of coverage you think you need. You can just get the bare minimum, and pay a lower out of pocket cost, though beware, if you are in a bad accident, you will end up paying more for it. You can go onto any car insurance website and see what they offer, and pick and choose what you think you will be needing.
If you want to lower your monthly payment to the lowest that is legally possible, raise the deductibles on your car insurance. The higher the deductible is set the lower your premiums are going to be. Check with the lien holder to be sure that there is not a minimum that it has to be set at.
For older vehicles, remove comprehensive and collision coverage. These options are best saved for newer vehicles, as they pay for repairs and damages caused by accidental damage and other issues. If you remove them, your premiums will be much cheaper and you will still be covered in the event of an accident.
Drivers who do not file insurance claims are entitled to big discounts. Make sure you broach this no-claims topic after you have been with the same insurance carrier for a few years. Drivers with five years of filing no claims can be rewarded with up to 75% off of their premium payments. Now that’s some big-time savings.
So, after reading and applying the helpful tips listed above, you should feel a bit more at ease in the world of auto insurance plans. You have the tools, and you need to use them. You should feel confident and ready to begin looking for auto insurance plans to better protect your vehicle.
200 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Ricky Merryman
- Member Since: October 12, 2014
Other items listed by Ricky Merryman
- Car Insurance Information You Need To Know
- Helpful Advice To Purchase The Right Car Insurance
- Gain Some Great Knowledge About Car Insurance
- Every Car Insurance Company Is Scared Of These Tips!
- Keeping Things Simple With A Few Car Insurance Tips
Popular Ads Overall
- The Best Way To Control Stress and anxiety Signs or symptoms More Efficiently (2805 views)
- Be Aware Of The Problems Of Life Insurance Coverage Guidelines (2733 views)
- Demonstrate Your Anxiousness Who May Be The Employer! (2472 views)
- Fantastic Juicing Tips For Novices And Professionals (2393 views)
- Cease Struggling The Problems Of Nervousness Disorders (2391 views)
- Make Zits A Negative Memory space Through The Use Of These Guidelines (2325 views)
- Eliminate Zits And Reclaim Your Skin With One Of These Ideas (1880 views)
- Try The Following Tips To Minimize Zits And Enhance Your Confidence (1310 views)
- Troubles With Zits? Take A Look At These Beneficial Suggestions! (1217 views)
- Easy-To-Fully grasp Juicing Info That Will Get You Commenced (1087 views)